The Program Manager leads policy analysis, issues development, and project implementation around electricity, fuels, and grid integration. In this area, NASEO works with State Energy Offices, the U.S. Department of Energy and a range of stakeholders to advance smart grid, energy efficiency, and renewable energy policies; explore energy fuel consumption, infrastructure, and application in various sectors; engage in energy and environmental integration issues; and analyze changes in energy markets and utility policies.
The Program Manager implements projects mainly under NASEO’s Fuels and Grid Integration Committee and the Industrial and Advanced Manufacturing Committee. The position operates in support of NASEO’s members and includes responsibilities such as drafting reports and recommendations, conducting outreach to states and private sector partners, facilitation of meetings, and development of funding proposals. The position requires particular attention to completing funded project deliverables to meet both NASEO member goals and funder expectations. The Program Manager communicates regularly with external project partners, including federal, private sector, foundations, and NGO representatives.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in and an understanding of electricity policy and energy markets, as well experience in federal contract and grants management.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Represent the interests of NASEO and its members.
• Develop and monitor project schedules and deliverables.
• Identify opportunities for new projects and prepares grant applications.
• Develop project-based deliverables, including primers, and case studies.
• Provide regular outreach and assistance to members on projects through the development of webcasts, conference calls, and meetings.
• Manage upkeep of website in assigned areas ensuring that material is timely.
• Support meeting preparation and development.
• Rapidly respond to member inquiries on a variety of topics.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with members and funding agencies.
• Track results of projects and prepare funding agency reports as needed.
• Support program-specific committees.
• Bachelor’s degree plus two or more years of relevant and progressive work experience.
• Demonstrated competence in research and analytical tasks.
• Exceptional skills in writing and editing.
• Demonstrated competence in working effectively with constituents and an understanding of member service.
• Skill and competence in working independently on multiple projects.
• Strong understanding of federal funding and grants management.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Application for Program Manager.”
Closing Date: Open until filled.
This position is located at NASEO’s office in Arlington, VA.