Sustainability has been part of our company’s DNA since Robert Bosch founded it more than 125 years ago. Bosch home appliance’s commitment to the environment, from green manufacturing to efficient appliance performance, helps distinguish our brand as one that exceeds energy and water efficiency standards. Innovative product design is one of the many ways Bosch facilitates efficiency, eliminating waste wherever possible. Bosch is proud to be ENERGY STAR-rated across its entire line of dishwashers, washing machines and select refrigeration models.
“What you might think of as green, we've always thought of as smart technology,” said Benjamin King, Environmental Innovations & Standardization Manager for BSH Home Appliances. “Net zero was the natural evolution of our never-ending pursuit of integrating innovative technology into our products to make them even more efficient,” he continued. “The long term goal of net zero for Bosch is to eliminate inefficient power structures and greatly reduce the up-front cost of owning home appliances. The superior quality of the Bosch portfolio combined with the energy and water savings our products provide, make the total cost of ownership very attractive.”
For the last 5 years Bosch has been recognized by ENERGY STAR – being awarded the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award in 2011, 2012 and 2013, and the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for Appliances in 2009 and 2010.
These awards speak to our commitment to efficiency and sustainability as a brand, and this commitment is evident in everything we do down to the design of our products. In effort to continue to meet the demands for an even greener alternative, and to eliminate inefficient energy and water consumption in ways that stand to benefit utilities and consumers, Bosch is committed to Net Zero energy. Its technology helps homeowners reduce their monthly utility bills and protect the environment. Key Net Zero benefits from Bosch:
• Environment impact/ Sustainability
• Financial – total cost of ownership advantages
• Energy independence
• Quality products
Bosch is already building net-zero homes, in Serenbe, Georgia, for example. The nearby Bosch Experience Center in Chattahoochee Hills, GA offers an up-close view of the energy efficient heating and cooling products and appliances installed in the Net Zero home:
• Bosch home appliances are known nationwide for raising the standards in appliance quietness, efficiency and integrated design.
• The Bosch geothermal heat pump taps into naturally occurring energy stored in the earth. The heat pump has lower operating costs than a traditional system and the quiet operation lowers noise pollution.
• The Bosch Compress electric heat pump water heater takes heat and humidity from outside the appliance and uses it to heat the water. The pump also cools and dehumidifies the air as an extra benefit.
For more information on energy efficient appliances from Bosch, visit www.bosch-home.com/us/about-bosch/green-technology-inside.html.